Tuesday 4 March 2014

Pancake Day Everyday

Happy Shrove Tuesday! I hope you have stocked up on lemons, sugar and maple syrup in preparation? Pancakes are rather a regular here I'm afraid - a weekend treat for all. Rather than phaff around making the mix up everytime I have a kilner jar of ready made pancake mix (well, the dry ingredients) on the shelf ready to go. It is a Nigella recipe for little drop scone style pancakes I can highly recommend:

Pancake Mix

600g Flour
3 X 15ml tablespoons baking powder
2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
1 teaspoon salt
40g caster sugar

Mix together and store in a jar. When you want to make the pancakes use:

150g mix (I just use 1 measuring cup)
1 egg
250ml milk
1 15ml tablespoon melted butter

Yum and a great way to add healthy fruit to kids brekkie (and unhealthy syrup!)










No comments:

Post a Comment